Preparing To Apply For A Mortgage
Items you will need when applying for a Mortgage
Items You Will Need When Applying For a Loan:
- Bank statements covering a 2-month period for all accounts, most recent & all pages with the full account number showing. On all banking information, stocks, IRA’s, mutual funds and 401k’s, etc. Please make sure the street address and FULL account numbers showing and referenced.
- Most recent statements for all other asset accounts, including stocks, bonds, 401ks, retirement accounts, etc. Please make sure the street address and FULL account numbers showing and referenced.
- Last 2 years of W2s for all jobs and for all parties applying
- Paystubs covering a 2-month period (must be the most recent and consecutive).
- Information for past and present employers:
Company name | Mailing address | Phone number
Supervisor’s name and title
Length of time you worked for the company
- Appraisal check or credit card number (provided to your loan officer)
And, if you are self-employed then you will need:
- Most recent 2-years of the 1040s, as well as other documents requested by the loan officer. **All signature pages may need to be signed in ink.**
This list is intended to prepare you for the initial consultation with your loan officer. Other documents may be requested. Your loan officer will give you a more in-depth list during your consultation and/or when applying for your loan application.